RWE Mission StatementReligious Witness for the Earth (RWE) is a national, independent, interfaith network dedicated to creating a society in which human beings live in loving, just relationships with one another and with all Creation.
In fulfilling our mission, we are committed to being:
- Interfaith — We welcome people of all religions and spiritual paths without discrimination.
- Multicultural — Understanding that diverse ecosystems are the most resilient, we embrace the full diversity of people into the call to heal the earth.
- Interdependent — Working closely with many religious and environmental organizations, we are indebted to all and beholden to none.
- Grassroots — We are a membership-based network of both clergy and laity.
- Activist — Our primary strategy is public witness, from outdoor worship to nonviolent civil disobedience.
- Nonviolent — Believing that any form of violence is spiritually harmful and strategically counterproductive, we aspire to love in all our endeavors.